5K Race, 2 Mile Memorial Walk,
and Kids' Fun Run
Host to 2013 USATF Connecticut Cup!
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Hammonasset Beach State Park
Results are in for the 16th Annual Run for The Cove 5K. Click here for a link to Greystone Racing to see the results for all runners and information on the USATF Connecticut Cup!
Since 1997, when two parents sponsored the first event, The Cove 5K Race, Memorial Walk and Kids’ Fun Run has grown from a handful of participants to over 1,200 people. Held annually in October at Hammonasset Beach State Park, all proceeds benefit The Cove Center for Grieving Children. The majority of funds raised by the event come from sponsorships and pledges to participants and teams who create their own fundraising pages and campaigns. Help out The Cove by becoming a fundraiser today!
See Photos from this year's event by clicking here
View past years' "Run For The Cove" on our Cove Photo Page.
Click Below for 5K Race Timing Results From Prior Years:
This year our 5K Run hosted the 2013 USATF Connecticut Cup! Active members of a registered USATF-CT Team were eligible to compete for the Connecticut Cup and win prizes of $500 for the Winning Men's Team of 5, and $300 for the Winning Women's Team of 3. We hope that eligible teams created fundraising pages as well! Click here for a course map of the NEW CT13031JHP USATF Certified 5K Course. This year's 5K has been redesigned for a flat, fast course throughout. Disposable Chip timed ("Gun and Net").
WALK, RUN AND JOIN IN THE FUN!!
The Run for The Cove is a fun family event for all ages!
9:00 am REGISTRATION
10:00 am FUN RUN
10:30 am 5K RACE (Open to all ages) USATF CERTIFIED & SANCTIONED/USATF CONNECTICUT CUP FOR REGISTERED USATF-CT TEAMS
10:40 am 2 MILE MEMORIAL WALK
11:30 am PRIZES AWARDED
Walk or run along a flat, fast course that winds through Connecticut's largest oceanfront park. This year's Certified 5K Course has an improved start and finish track.
• Prizes awarded to top male and female 5K runners in nine age categories. (Categories: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+ years)
• All 5K Race Runners on the USATF Certified Course receive a race bib with timing chip and "Run for The Cove" T-Shirt.
• 5K is also USATF Connecticut Cup for USATF-CT registered teams - Winning Men's team of 5 - $500 Prize, Winning Women's Team of 3 - $300 Prize. Prizes awarded by USATF-CT.
• Preregistered children ages 12 and under participating in the Kids' Fun Run will receive a bronze medal and T-Shirt.
• Preregistered 2 Mile Memorial Walkers will enjoy a leisurely walk for all ages, and receive a "Run for The Cove" T-Shirt.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FEES:
$30 5K RUN, $25 2MILE WALK, $10 KIDS FUN RUN
DAY OF RACE FEES: $30 5K RUN, $25 2MILE WALK, $10 KIDS FUN RUN
The Cove Race/Walk will take place Rain or Shine. Sorry, no refunds.
Click Here to download the 2013 EVENT MAP WITH TIMING
Click the link "Become a Fundraiser" on the blue bar and you can email your friends to make donations online. Sign up first with active.com to create your own fundraising page.
Download a PLEDGE FORM and start fundraising. Bring funds to the Pledges and Donations table on Race day. Individuals who raise $100 or more are eligible for free registration for the race.
We are grateful for our Sponsors for this year's event, and we hope that your business will consider the benefits of supporting next year's Annual Run for The Cove scheduled for October 19, 2014.