How Can I Become Involved as a Volunteer
for The Cove Center for Grieving Children?
There are many volunteer opportunities at The Cove throughout Connecticut.
What are your areas of interest? Call The Cove Coordinating Office in Meriden and a staff member will be happy to discuss with you the many volunteer options available:
- Program Facilitator at one of our seven Cove Family Sites (Requires specific training)
- Become a "Big Buddy", Clinician or Volunteer for Camp Erin Connecticut.
- Work on the annual fundraising events including the annual "Hope Night" Gala, "Run for The Cove" 5K Race, Memorial Walk and Fun Run, and other events
- Become a volunteer in the Coordinating Office
- Work on planning and implementing program related events such as Educational Conferences and the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Photograph or provide entertainment for events
- Provide support for grantwriting
- Help with social media and outreach
- Become a member of the Board of Directors
- Write press releases, cultivate media in your area on behalf of The Cove
and work on the Cove Newsletter under the guidance of a Cove representative
If you are under 18 years old and would like to volunteer with The Cove please give us a call at (203) 634-0500 and have your parents complete this form.
We would like to send a huge THANK YOU to our wonderful volunteers - they are the heart and soul of our organization, and the unsung heroes who support our programs and mission.
Fill out the Volunteer Form and a Cove staff member will contact you regarding your volunteer interest.
The Cove schedules trainings for Volunteer Facilitators.
The Cove is built on the dedicated work of the many volunteers that help out with our various programs and events. In appreciation, every September we gather to celebrate their hard work.